Whether you are a passionate jewellery collector or have only just one, there is something very special about owning a piece of Lusque Jewellery.
Up-cycled fashion jewellery is always appreciated because it is beautifully made. And, with our one-off or limited edition collections, it is unlikely someone else will be wearing the same design.
So, if you’ve fallen in love with a rose quartz bracelet, a striking necklace or an elaborate pendant, you’ll want to show it a little love to keep it looking good.
Costume jewelry, also referred to as fashion jewelry, can tarnish with wear and age because of the materials they are made from, for example brass or copper.
Want to learn everything you need to know to care for your fashion jewellery?
Here are a few tips to keep your jewelry looking its best:
- Keep your jewellery away from water. Avoid bathing or swimming in salt and chlorine when wearing your jewellery to help maintain the beauty of each piece.
- Store your pieces away from direct sunlight
- Apply perfume body lotions and before putting on necklaces, bracelets and earrings.
- When you're not wearing your jewellery, store pieces in a cloth bag or jewellery box.
- Check your jewellery on a regular basis to ensure it stays in beautiful condition.
- Use a soft, damp cloth with mild soap to gently wipe over the jewellery piece, taking care not to get the item too wet or catch on any element.
- Wipe pearls with a soft cloth after each wear to remove body oils and perfume which can yellow them.
- Store your jewels flat and try to leave enough space that they do not touch each other. Avoid storing pieces in plastic bags.
- Avoid using harsh cleaning products on your costume jewellery. Cleaning products containing ammonia can damage the foil backing of rhinestones. Do not polish with treated cleaning cloths because they can damage the finish on your jewellery.
Treat your fabulous fake jewels with a little care and they will maintain their beauty.